.

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Dewormers & Dogs

This is another post about the concern that dogs might be poisoned from horse dewormers if they eat the horse's poop...

I got a comment about it:

All dogs eat horse poop. In fact, the American Indian word for dog litteraly means, "Horse poop eater". My dogs are fines and I think the dewormer kills all worms, but you might want to wait a few days, just in case, to let your dogs out. Better safe then sorry.


Of course, I'd call my vet if concerned. But I highly doubt any dog was called "horse poop eater" by any American Indian tribe-- especially since dogs came before horses. From what I've read, horses were often called "Big Dog", because that is what they were first thought to be.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home